Bigger engine, better performance
The more powerful the specification of your computers, the more likely you will achieve an optimised level of performance from your Clarity system.
We would be happy to discuss your infrastructure with you at any time on +44 (0)121 248 2448.
Minimum computer specification
- Intel Pentium (or compatible) Dual Core 3ghz processor
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1 or 10 (32 or 64bit) – updates and services packs should be up to date
- 4GB of RAM
- 10GB of available hard-disk space
- 1920 x 1080px screen resolution
- Access to local or network printer
- An internet connection on at least one client machine
1. While Clarity is built for Microsoft Windows, it is possible to run it on a Mac by using Parallels, Boot Camp or similar software which provides a Windows environment on a Mac.
2. We do not support Windows XP or Vista. We also no longer support Clarity Pro\Lite pre v4.3.x.x and there will be no further development of Clarity Pro\Lite v4.
Minimum server specification
As part of deploying your Clarity system, the database and server software will require a dedicated server machine at the customer site, with a stable and permanent internet connection. This server machine should meet or exceed the following specification:
- Intel i5 (or comparable) Quad Core 3.3ghz processor
- Microsoft Windows 7SP1/Server 2008 R2 to Windows 10/Server 2012 R2 – Updates and services packs should be up to date
- 16GB of RAM
- 20GB of available hard-disk space
- For the Clarity database – Microsoft SQL Server Express 2014 onwards
- Existing systems using SQL 2008 R2 up to and including SQL 2012 are still supported
1. Please note that Microsoft’s SQL Express database engine (free version) has a maximum storage capacity of 10GB. Clarity’s performance will be significantly impacted if your database reaches 10GB. To avoid this, upgrade your Microsoft SQL version.
2. It is possible but we do not recommend using a server that already has Microsoft Exchange installed on it. If this is the case, please discuss with the Clarity support team first. Any server that is already under load, regardless of software installed is not recommended.
3. SQL Server requires database files to be stored on a local drive. Network drives are not supported without use of a Storage Area Network (SAN).
Shop floor module specification
The shop floor module allows your staff to track the exact time they spend on specific parts of your production process.
- Apple devices: Mac (OS X Yosemite or above), iPad or iPad mini (iOS 9.0 or above), Chrome version 60 or above, or Safari version 10 or above
- Android devices: Tablets only, minimum resolution 1024×768, Chrome version 60 or above
- Laptops/PCs: minimum resolution 1024 x 768, Chrome version 60 or above, or Firefox version 52 or above
Proof of Delivery mobile app specification
- iOS 9.0 or above
- iPhone 5 or above
- iPad 2 or above (iPad 3 is known to be slow due to upgraded graphics, without supporting hardware being upgraded)
- Android devices running OS 4.4 or above (except Sony Xperia Z3 which is not currently supported)
Third party software integration
- Microsoft Office 2010 to v2016 (2016, 64-bit and Office 365 versions require Clarity Desktop v5 or above. Office 365 integration still requires a desktop client)
- Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari (Only on Mac OS)
- Sage Line 50 Accounts (Inc. Sage Essentials) v8 to 2017 (Sage Drive not supported)
- Sage 200 (2011, 2013, 2013 R2, 2015)
- Xero accounting software (requires Clarity Go)
- QuickBooks 2008 to 2017 (Pro, Premier & Enterprise)
Note: System requirements for client machines, servers and third party software integration are subject to frequent review and change to keep pace with software upgrades and the latest hardware and platform technologies.
If you have any questions about the extent of integration for supported versions or upcoming versions not shown on this page please contact our sales team who can provide you with more detail.