Minimum computer specification
- Intel Pentium (or compatible) Dual Core 3ghz processor
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1 or 10 (32 or 64bit) – Updates and services packs should be up to date
- 4GB of RAM
- 10GB of available hard-disk space
- 1920x1080px screen resolution
- Access to local or network printer
- An internet connection on at least one client machine
Note: We do not support Windows XP or Vista. We also no longer support Clarity Pro\Lite pre v4.3.x.x and there will be no further development of Clarity Pro\Lite v4.
Minimum server specification
As part of deploying your Clarity system, the database and server software will require a dedicated server machine at the customer site, with a stable and permanent internet connection. This server machine should meet or exceed the following specification:
- Intel i5 (or comparable) Quad Core 3.3ghz processor
- Microsoft Windows 7SP1/Server 2008 R2 to Windows 10/Server 2012 R2 – Updates and services packs should be up to date
- 16GB of RAM
- 20GB of available hard-disk space
- For the Clarity database – Microsoft SQL Server Express 2014 onwards
- Existing systems using SQL 2008 R2 up to and including SQL 2012 are still supported
1. It is possible but we do not recommend using a server that already has Microsoft Exchange installed on it. If this is the case, please discuss with the Clarity support team first. Any server that is already under load, regardless of software installed is not recommended.
2. SQL Server requires database files to be stored on a local drive. Network drives are not supported without use of a Storage Area Network (SAN).
Third party software integration
- Microsoft Office 2010 to v2016 (2016, 64-bit and Office 365 versions require Clarity Desktop v5 or above. Office 365 integration still requires a desktop client)
- Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari (Only on Mac O/S)
- Sage Line 50 Accounts (Inc. Sage Essentials) v8 to 2017 (Sage Drive not supported)
- Sage 200 (2011, 2013, 2013 R2, 2015)
- Xero accounting software (requires Clarity Go)
- QuickBooks 2008 to 2017 (Pro, Premier & Enterprise)
Note: System requirements for client machines, servers and third party software integration are subject to frequent review and change to keep pace with software upgrades and the latest hardware and platform technologies.
If you have any questions about the extent of integration for supported versions or upcoming versions not shown on this page please contact our sales team who can provide you with more detail.
Proof of Delivery mobile app specification
- iOS 9.0 or above
- iPhone 5 or above
- iPad 2 or above (iPad 3 is known to be slow due to upgraded graphics, without supporting hardware being upgraded)
- Android devices running OS 4.4 or above (except Sony Xperia Z3 which is not currently supported)
Bigger engine, better performance
The more powerful the specification of your computers, the more likely you will achieve an optimised level of performance from your Clarity system.
We would be happy to discuss your infrastructure with you at any time on +44 (0)121 746 5270.